Technology and the Human Services Worker: Solutions for Client Care and Professional Promotion
Course Expires: 5/1/22
If you are purchasing this course the cost is $60.00.
Course Description: Learn how to ethically develop and manage your professional image online. Learn how to build a professional platform and develop skills to efficiently manage client care through the proper use of technology.
Target Audience: Social Workers, Nurses, Medical Assistants , and any other interested healthcare workers.
At the end of this presentation, the learner will be able to:
- Articulate various forms of technology applications that are pertinent to their field in order to meet program objectives
- Identify and discuss unique forms of software that are effective and efficient when meeting individual customer needs
- Identify various internet resources that are available to assist human services workers to provide research in order to meet clients’ needs and/or requests
- Assess human services information on the interned for authority, accountability, objectivity and currency using a reliable evaluation tool such as CARS checklist when researching need services for clients and families
- Identify and discuss various forms of technology
- Correlate the benefit of each application to specific job functions within the field of human services
- Identify and resolve ethical concerns of various human services websites and online services provided to clients
Instructor: Macie P. Smith, Ed.D., LBSW, C-SWCM
Certified Medical Assistants: This program, #139124, has been granted prior approval by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) for 2.5 A credit. Granting approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the AAMA of the program content of the program's sponsor.
AHEC Credit: This educational offering provides 0.25 CEUs (2.5 clock hour) by Upstate AHEC and meets SC AHEC Best Practice Standards.
Disclosure Statement: Upstate AHEC’s conflict of interest policy requires speaker(s), the planning committee members, and all others in a position to control this activity of this program to disclose any real or apparent commercial financial affiliations related to the content of this presentation or materials.
The speaker(s), the planning committee members, and all others in a position to control this activity have signed a vested interest form declaring no conflict of interest in this activity.
Provision of this education activity by Upstate AHEC does not imply endorsement by Upstate AHEC or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
Credit Requirements: To receive CE credit for completing this online course you must complete 100% of the material, receive at least 80% passing grade on post-test and complete the evaluation.
Once you pass the post-test and complete the evaluation you will be able to print a certificate for verification of credit.
The process for enrolling in AHECU courses has changed. Please go to www.upstateahec.org and click the blue AHECU/Distance Education block to register for online courses. There is a tutorial on the web site if you need assistance with the registration process.