Administrative Professionals Development Course
If you are a member of SC AHEC this course is free with an enrollment key which you may obtain from the AHEC contact person within your organization. If you are purchasing this course the cost is $60.00 payable through PayPal when you enroll.
Course Description: This 4 session course will provide some of the latest knowledge and skills to develop or enhance your work knowledge, performance and productivity. New leadership skill can bring about increased responsibility and provide new opportunities for growth and advancement.
Instructor: Carolyn Walker, CAP-OM
Target Audience: Administrative Professionals
Learning Outcomes: After completing this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss basic management theories, functions and styles.
- Review verbal, non-verbal, written communication skills, and networking.
- Discuss policies, procedures, and the importance of team dynamics.
- Communicate the value of confidentiality in the office, ethics, and legal issues.
- Evaluate office administration roles, tools, and available resources.
- Describe skills needed for project and time management; prioritizing work.
- Discuss information distribution, event and meeting planning, and meeting minutes.
- Review of business etiquette and professional protocol.
- Discuss Office Technology, its History, its Application, and its Need for Security.
- Manage Physical Resources, Ergonomics, and Your Work Environment.
- Clarify research, records management, and filing rules and procedures.
- Investigate file equipment, storage, and backup security functions.
- Discuss human resources, staffing, regulations, laws, and legal issues.
- Review performance appraisals, their importance, processes, and legalities.
- Define accounting functions, reports, financial planning, and banking procedures.
- Comprehend the value of training, mentoring, and having procedure manuals.
Length of Course: 120 minutes
AHEC Credit: This educational offering provides 0.2 CEUs ( 2.0 clock hours) by Upstate AHEC and meets SC AHEC Best Practice Standards.
Certified Medical Assistants: This program, #138350, has been granted prior approval by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) has been approved for 2.0 general CEUs. Granting approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the AAMA of the program content of the program's sponsor.